Newhouse School – Syracuse University:
M.S. in Communication; Specialization: Journalism Innovation
Expected Graduation Spring 2018
California State University, Sacramento:
B.A. in Journalism; Minor in Communication Studies
Graduated May 2016
Palomar College – San Marcos, CA
A.S. University Studies: Media and Communication
A.A. General Studies: Arts and Humanities
Graduated May 2014
KSBW-TV: Salinas, Ca
Associate Producer l October 2016 – Present
- Produce 5PM weekday newscast, 6PM weekend newscast. Associate producer for weekday morning newscast, 6PM weekday.
KCRA- Sacramento, Ca
General News Assistant/Intern l January 2016- May 2016
- Create and edit on-air copy for weekday morning show. Use ENPS System to track assignments. Highlight: Created an intern newscast, and acted as Executive Producer. Tasks included coordinating assignments, writing and editing copy, and boothing newscast.
The State Hornet Newspaper
Assistant Breaking News Editor/ Staff Writer l January 2016- May 2016
- Contribute an average of 2 stories per week to a 30,000-weekly circulation paper. Monitor campus resource social media accounts and other outlets for breaking news stories. Use Social Media and other online resources to aid in telling stories.
First Year Experience Program at CSU, Sacramento
Program Assistant & Peer Mentor l August 2015- May 2016
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Create, edit and publish user-friendly content daily.
New Student Orientation at CSU, Sacramento
Special Projects Coordinator l September 2014 – August 2015
- Managed program social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter. Coordinated the creation of promotional materials in both print and multi-media formats.
Counseling Department at Palomar College
Front Desk Assistant l September 2012- May 2014
- Worked as a liaison between students and academic counselors in a high volume office. Managed a multi-line phone system and used software to manage 20+ schedules.
Graphic Design: Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, inDesign, Lightroom, and Illustrator.
Writing: Familiarity with VO/SOT writing and formatting with the inclusion of graphics.
Other Programs: ENPS, Adobe Premier
Society of Professional Journalists:
Student Representative on the National Board of Directors (Sept. 2015- Present)
Vice President of CSU, Sacramento Student Chapter (May 2015- May 2016)
Sigma Kappa Sorority Alumna